Last week when the sun finally came out after several days of rain I paid a visit to my favourite plant at the local botanic gardens, as I’ve mentioned before the plant has been pruned more heavily this year so I have to stretch to find any of these dried beauties to photograph.
It took me ages to process this one, I kept adding textures and taking them away trying to get the balance of texture and tone just right.
In the end I settled on this combination.
Tarte tatin @ soft light 33%
Fly edge 18 @ screen 3% you’d think that such a low opacity wouldn’t make much difference but even at 3% it adds a certain subtle softness.
Basalt @ Overlay 59%
Peach blush @ hard light 30% with some of the texture removed from the focus flower using a layer mask.
The result was a little too green so I used a curves layer to tweak the tone.